Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Communication Overseas?!? Can you hear me now?

As I sit in the audience of the Justin Timberlake Concert at the Verizon Center and realize, I haven’t written my blog about Podcasts! (mind you I say  this outloud) The man beside me turns and says “this is why I’m here tonight.” Not understanding what he means by that, I question him a little more. 




“Well you see, my wife is in Afghanistan on a private mission through the United States Government, she had tickets to go to the concert with her girlfriends.  She couldn’t make it tonight, so what better way than to use my technology skills I have and make it like she was.” 


Wow, I was so excited and had to ask what intro and outro music he used… the ITS nerd came out ;)


The man, now named Markus Steele, since I asked, told me that he uses their wedding song to introduce the podcast and that he has been making these ever since they got married, 10 years ago! I didn’t realize that Podcasts had been around that long.  He tells me that he only records the songs that his wife loves, mashes them together and puts it on a private website. 


Now… the hunt is on to find this website!


P.S Best Concert Ever! 


3 comments:

  1. What a neat experience for you, Ashley! How convenient, too! I like the idea of music being put on a podcast, also, especially for your age group. I know podcasts would be hard for your kiddos to create, but not if you focus on songs, maybe! Or maybe recording stories that you're studying. It would be neat to do circle time by already having created a podcast for your kids, too. Just some thoughts on how you could use them in your classroom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm. I never thought about trying it with the songs that we sing. I've had a few students who take long family vacations back to their home country and miss a lot of the songs for our end of the year program. That would be a good idea to record the songs and send them with the student to learn while away.

      Delete
  2. First of all - way to double dip work and pleasure :) Secondly - how sweet to have a private podcast. It makes sense - kind of like making a CD of favorite music, etc. Technology - it weaves its way into every portion of our lives !

    ReplyDelete