Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Flipping NOT Flopping!




When I looked at the upcoming unit for our Cohort and noticed FLIPPED LEARNING... I looked like this 

I had no idea HOW I was going to be able to flip a Kindergarten Classroom. It took some researching and conversations on Twitter and Google+ to really get me thinking I could even come up with something to have the students watch. But then... I read the 4 Pillars of Flipped Learning and came across an article on Flipping a Kindergarten Room

After having a better insight of different ways that I could flip my room, I realized this wasn't going to be a Flop! I could add the videos into a rotation in my math class! That way I was able to help if someone got stuck because something technology wise happens or if the student is not able to understand the questions asked. I was beginning to feel more comfortable. 

My next step was to figure out which strand I was going to work from to make my videos. The first thought in my mind was TIME. Our students were going to be beginning the unit and I could try out the lessons with more than just one class. 

I started off thinking...WHERE CAN I PLACE THESE LESSONS?!?!?!?
I remembered that our school has Blackboard 24/7 where students go to access our online textbooks and lessons! Perfect place to upload lessons. 

I made my first lesson using the BrainPop. Jr videos and my second lesson using Powerpoint/Screencaster/Zaption. I am in love with Zaption! It is one of the best things I came across, right up there with EdPuzzle. I am learning so much in this course. 

Here is my Planning Form for my Flipped Learning Lessons. Feel free to use them, but please give me credit if you wish to copy or use in your school. Thank you. 





No comments:

Post a Comment